What I'm Drinking (via Untappd)

Saturday, October 3, 2009

World Beer Festival

In a couple short hours, I'm heading over to Durham for the World Beer Festival. Finally! The past several years have been a disappointment for me, because I've always either had a scheduling conflict or the event sold out before I could get tickets.

This time, though, there's no stopping me.

Should be a great event. The weather is perfect, as is often the case in North Carolina, especially this time of year.

The plan is for 120 brewers to set up at the old Durham Athletic Park. I don't anticipate being able to hit every tent, but my goal is to visit as many as I can in four hours.

The sample sizes are small, just a couple ounces each, so I won't be reviewing anything today. However, I expect to be able to add a few dozen beers to my ever-growing list of brews to purchase, savor and then blog about.

I'll try to post a recap of the event this weekend. At the very least, I'll be tweeting from the event all afternoon.

-- via BlogPress

No comments: