Untappd

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Big Boss Brewing Co. - Big Operator Belgian Black Raspberry

Tonight was Tap Night at Flying Saucer and they were serving a cask conditioned batch of Big Boss Brewing's Big Operator. I didn't feel like going out, but Big Boss is pretty much infallible and I desperately wanted to taste this batch of beer. So, I took a detour on my way home from work to have a glass. 

Bio
Big Operator is a full flavored black ale infused raspberries. According to the server, this particular batch was cask conditioned especially for the Tap Night event.

Appearance
This beer is dark, but not fully opaque. It has a nice dark brown color with a slightly scarlet tint and a thin tan head. 

Aroma
Roasted malts and a fruity, berry essence dominate. At times, the two combine to create an olive scent, but not in an unpleasant way. 

Taste & Feel
Tastes very much like it smells, delivering a strong roasted malt flavor heavy with raspberry. It's a full-bodied beer that starts off smooth but has a very dry finish. This is another beer that feels like a red wine.

Verdict
I'm glad I ventured out to try this beer. It's beautiful. You've missed your chance to have the cask version for now, but go find it on tap and I'm certain you'll like it.

No comments: