Untappd

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Fort Collins Brewery - Chocolate Stout


Bio
Part of Ft. Collins' year-round offering. It's available on the East Coast, parts of the Midwest and, of course, Colorado.

Appearance
Extremely dark brown, almost black. Thick and opaque.Dense, pillowy mocha head.

Aroma
Roasted, malty aroma. Mildly smoky and a
dry, almost dusty, dark chocolate character.

Taste & Feel
The flavor is mostly an intensification of the aromas, roast and. malty. A touch of an earthy hops bitterness sneaks through before ending with a dry, bitter chocolate finish.

Medium body and an active carbonation provides a somewhat acidic feel.

Verdict
A pretty good beer.  Not surprisingly, it goes great with chocolate, as I discovered during my second bottle.

3 comments:

The Beer Snob said...

I've been wanting to try this...I'm afraid I'll compare it to Young's Double Chocolate Stout, though, which I love

Joe said...

I like Youngs better, but that shouldn't stop you from trying this. It stands on it's own. The body and flavor are both different enough that you won't compare them side-by-side.

Joe said...

Bison has a great chocolate stout, too. I'd recommend that if you can find it.