- Being the spring event, the selection was far more weighted with light ales, wheats and IPAs than what they had at the fall event in Durham.
- A few good meads and ciders. The Vanilla Cinnamon Mead from B.Nektar was particularly tasty.
- Finally got to try the OBP Squared from Orange Blossom Pilsner.... and now I know why East Wake Wines is always sold out of it.
- Most interesting beer - Bison Honey Basil. Very herby, but still very good. Must have been popular, because when I brought someone over to try it, they had run out.
- Waiting in line for New Holland Brewery's Dragon's Milk? Awesome. Probably the best beer I tried all day. Definitely worth the wait, even if I had to pee ferociously.
- Speaking of peeing... I got flashed in the port-o-potty line.
- Boobs aside, the the highlight of the day was... getting a Dogfish Head Olde School Barleywine poured for me by Sam Calagione himself (pictured).
What I'm Drinking (via Untappd)
Saturday, April 24, 2010
World Beer Fest - Raleigh
abbey ale amber bar barleywine barrel aged BBQ beer beer list beer selection belgian black ale black IPA blog blonde bourbon brett Brettanomyces brewery brewing brewpub brown ale canned cask chocolate coconut coffee craft beer craft brewing disclaimer documentary dopplebock double IPA double stout dubble durham ESB event festival film fruit funding hazelnut helles holiday hops ice imperial import IPA kickstarter Kölsch kriek lager lambic letter limited local marzen Meat Week movie NC nc beer month news nut oaked oatmeal oktoberfest organic pale ale pilsner pork porter project pub pumpkin quad raleigh rauchbier red ale restaurant review ribs rye saison scotch ale seasonal smoked sour spiced store stout survey sweet potato tap room tour tripel TV vanilla wheat white white ipa winter wit