Untappd

Saturday, April 24, 2010

World Beer Fest - Raleigh

Highlights from World Beer Festival at Moore Square in Raleigh:
  • Being the spring event, the selection was far more weighted with light ales, wheats and IPAs than what they had at the fall event in Durham.
  •  A few good meads and ciders. The Vanilla Cinnamon Mead from B.Nektar was particularly tasty. 
  • Finally got to try the OBP Squared from Orange Blossom Pilsner.... and now I know why East Wake Wines is always sold out of it.
  • Most interesting beer - Bison Honey Basil. Very herby, but still very good. Must have been popular, because when I brought someone over to try it, they had run out.
  • Waiting in line for New Holland Brewery's Dragon's Milk? Awesome. Probably the best beer I tried all day. Definitely worth the wait, even if I had to pee ferociously. 
  • Speaking of peeing... I got flashed in the port-o-potty line.
  • Boobs aside, the the highlight of the day was... getting a Dogfish Head Olde School Barleywine poured for me by Sam Calagione himself (pictured).

No comments: