Untappd

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Lazy Magnolia Brewing Co. - Indian Summer Spiced Ale

Bio 
This is my second experience with a beer from Mississippi-based Lazy Magnolia.  Their website describes Indian Summer as an American-style wheat ale spiced with orange peel and coriander.

 4.8% ABV

Appearance 
Indian Summer pours with a clear appearance and a bright, brassy color. It's very bubbly and is crowned with a fizzy, cream-colored head.

Aroma 
It has a nice, bready malt aroma. Unless I'm imagining things, it's also almost buttery. Smells like a fresh loaf of crusty, Italian bread and quickly conjures up childhood memories of Saturday meals at my grandmother's house. Definitely has hints of celery, too.


Taste & Feel 
It has a medium body and vibrant carbonation. The flavor is crisp and wheaty with bits of citrus. The finish is clean, with a nice coriander taste.
 Verdict
A good summer ale.  I not a huge fan of wheats, but this one was very well done. After having this and the Southern Pecan, I'm eager to try some of Lazy Magnolia's other brews... if I can just find a way to get my hands on some.

No comments: