What I'm Drinking (via Untappd)

Friday, August 20, 2010

Dogfish Head - 90 Minute Imperial IPA

Bio 
When I'm not shamelessly cheerleading for North Carolina beers, I make it no secret that Dogfish Head is my favorite brewer. I don't think there's anything they produce that I haven't loved. Hard to beleive, then, that I still hadn't already done a review of their 90 Minute IPA.

This is an IPA that is continually-hopped during the boil, then dry-hopped during conditioning.   It is part of their year-round offering.

 9% ABV

Appearance 
90 Minute pours a deep golden color with a very clear appearance. It appears to be lightly carbonated, with microbubbles rising so slowly it creates a rather viscous look. The pillowy cream head leaves a bit of sticky lacing.

Aroma 
Surprisingly malty. It has a sweet, toffee malt scent with light, boozy hints of dried fruit, balanced nicely against piney and earthy hops.

Taste & Feel 
Hoooo boy, that's tasty. For a beer so thoroughly hopped, one might expect a big, hoppy punch in the mouth, but that isn't the case at all. 90 Minute is well-blended, exceptionally smooth and perfectly balanced. This medium-bodied beauty is earthy and sweet with a white raisin fruitiness and just the right amount of resiny hops bite. It eases into a warm, peaty finish.


Verdict
Exceptional.

No comments: