What I'm Drinking (via Untappd)

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Weyerbacher Brewing Co. - Imperial Pumpkin Ale (2012)

When it comes to fall seasonals, there's no doubt that there are some serious players out there. That's why I was surprised last year when, in a very crowded pumpkin market, Weyerbacher's relatively under-the-radar pumpkin ale was easily my favorite of the bunch.

I picked up a couple bottles of the 2012 edition, hoping for the same. One noticeable difference is that they have changed the packaging this year.

8.0% ABV

Appearance 
Almost identical to last year: deep copper color, clear to semi-translucent appearance and a thin, cream head.

Aroma 
Warm and inviting. The familiar pumpkin pie and  brown sugar aroma contains a bit more clove than I remember, while the cardamom is noticeable this time, too.

Taste & Feel 
Definitely the sweet and spicy pumpkin pie taste I remember, with a touch more cardamom. I like this one.

Verdict
Very consistent with the beer I loved so much last year. Still the king of the pumpkin ales.

No comments: