Untappd

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Anchorage Brewing Company - Galaxy White IPA


Galaxy is brewed with Brett and aged in French oak wine barrels, so I've been letting it condition for several months. I haven't been a fan of white IPAs in the past, but this one was highly recommended.

BASICS
Style: White IPA
Availability: Appears to be year-round. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 
ABV: 7.0%
Serving Type: 750ml bottle, poured into a tulip glass

APPEARANCE 
Color: Pale straw gold
Clarity: Lightly hazy
Carbonation: Significant. Small, champagne-like bubbles
Head: Very pillowy, egg white frothiness.
Lacing: Thin, but sticky

EXPERIENCE 
Aromas: Pine, lemon, yeasty bread. 
Flavors: Hops dominate, with a balance between pine and citrus. Lemon eventually gives way to a piney finish, but reappears in the aftertaste. Hint of coriander.
Body: Light
Feel: Dry and bubbly

VERDICT
Excellent. I had to thank the friend who suggested letting it age. I'm certain that letting the Brett work was a huge contributor to both the flavor and the feel.

No comments: